Wind Mitigation Inspection (Residential and Commercial)
Will your home survive a windstorm? If it can, you should be getting discounts on your property insurance! Our wind mitigation inspection team offers an inspection that identifies all of the wind-resistant features used in the construction of a building. Getting a wind mitigation inspection often results in reduced property insurance premiums.
What qualifies for a Windstorm Insurance Discount?
Existing houses have one or more of these wind resistive construction features and may qualify for some windstorm insurance mitigation discounts. Houses built after March 1, 2002, in Florida generally have many wind resistive construction features and will likely qualify for significant credits.
An experienced wind mitigation inspection expert from Hound Dog will certify your home’s existing construction features. We will provide you with a wind mitigation certification inspection report. The wind mitigation report is good for 5 years. If you think you may benefit from a wind mitigation, give us a call at 321-626-8959
The following items are building features that reduce wind damage for which many wind insurance companies offer wind premium discounts.
Natural variables our wind mitigation inspection experts look for include wind speed, wind height, ground surface features, and the properties of the air. WHAT WE LOOK FOR…….
- Ratings on window and door openings that meet FBC (Florida Building Code) requirements
- Coverings, such as shingles that meet the FBC Requirements.
- Roof decks that have been installed with large nails and close spacing.
- Hurricane clips/straps that hold the roof structure to the walls
- Secondary Water Resistance that prevents the roof from leaking if the roof covering is blown off in a windstorm.
- Newly Constructed Homes built to the FBC since March 1, 2002
- Homes built to the South Florida Building Code in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties after 1994.