New Construction Inspection
Just because it’s new doesn’t mean it’s right. When buying a new home, it’s actually important to get multiple new construction inspections from a third party home inspector. Our experienced FL new construction home inspection company will be able to provide valuable insights into your property’s construction, as well as the chance to prevent costly repairs on the home later on down the line. With a new construction home, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors recommends you have two or three inspections on the property.
Common Issues Found in New Homes
Though it would seem that new homes should be relatively error-free, they often have underlying issues at work. Some common issues our new construction home inspection company finds include:
- Structural defects, like foundation cracks, improper grading, and poor framing
- Drainage and grading issues, which could cause water and structural damage later on
- Window leaks
- HVAC issues, including malfunctioning thermostats and loose connections
- Electrical problems, such as improperly wired outlets, open grounds and missing switch plates
- Plumbing issues, including reversed hot/cold in faucets, improper piping, leaks, and more
We also often find incomplete projects. This could include insufficient insulation, half-installed handrails or fixtures, or missing pieces of hardware.
What do we look for on your inspection?
- Water resistant layers put on prior to final roof covering
- Water intrusion risks
- Roof flashings and penetrations properly installed
- Trenches and soil
- Elevation, drainage, and grading
- Beams, bearings, and other framing items
- Nails, screws, studs, and plates
- Fire blocking and draft stopping
- Plumbing and wiring
- HVAC and ducting
- Roof, chimney, and gutters
- Doors and windows
- Exterior items, like walkways, driveways, sheds, decks, patios, and garages
- Foundation, basements, and crawlspaces
- HVAC systems, including the thermostat
- Plumbing, toilets, sinks, and sump pumps
- Electrical conductors, circuit breakers, meters, and panelboards
- Attic, insulation, and ventilation
- Appliances, such as dishwashers, disposals, ovens, microwaves, and sprinkler systems
If you are in the process of building your new home, make sure the job gets done right! Give us a call at 321-626-8959 for the best new construction home inspection services.
All inspection reports are delivered electronically via email. Also, for every inspection Hound Dog Home Inspections delivers, we donate a portion of our profits to the SPCA to help feed the pets who are waiting to find a home.